Sunday, August 23, 2009

Music Influences

Rihanna Music Influences
"Rihanna Music Influences"

One of Rihanna's major music influences and idol is Mariah Carey who she covered her song "Hero" while performing at a school talent show.

Rihanna says, "I looked up to [Mariah] a lot and I still do. I admire her as an artist, and to [compete with her] was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life." Rihanna then stated that her song, "Vision of Love" made an impact on her. Rihanna has also named Beyoncé Knowles a major influence, citing that Rihanna was inspired to start her career after watching Beyonce Knowles on television as part of a Destiny's Child performance .

Rihanna's other musical influences include Bob Marley, Alicia Keys Whitney Houston, Destiny's Child, Celine Dion,[105] Brandy, and Gwen Stefani. Her music also contains strong influences of caribbean music and says that it has influenced her tremendously.

Rihanna's friend and former Island Def Jam record label artist Fefe Dobson was someone that she admired and looked up to, having a fellow artist writing, singing, and performing the music she truly loves.

In a interview, she stated, that while growing up in Barbados, Rihanna grew up listening to reggae music and when she came to the United States she was exposed to many different types of music. She also considers Madonna as one of her biggest influences. Rihanna mentioned that she respects her ability to reinvent herself and aspires to be just as successful.

Source: wikipedia aolcdn

No comments:

Post a Comment