Monday, October 26, 2009

Rihanna Relations with Barbados

Rihanna She is heavily involved in the marketing of her native country of Barbados. Rihanna began by including the flag and trident in many of her videos, also shooting Rihanna's album packaging for A Girl Like Me there.

In September 2007, Rihanna became the official face of tourism for Barbados, being included in many of their ad campaigns. Rihanna currently holds an honourary title of Ambassador for Culture and Youth in Barbados. Rihanna additionally was honored by the Prime Minister David Thompson, who presented Rihanna several gifts at a national concert on 20 February 2008 in Barbados, called "Rihanna Day".

Regardless, In February 2008, She thanked Rihanna's country and honoured them during the acceptance speech for Rihanna's win of "Best Rap/Sung Collaboration" at the Grammy Awards. Although she is heavily involved in the promotion of Rihanna's country and works with the government in Barbados to do so, Rihanna is constantly criticized and ridiculed for everything from Rihanna's music, her successes and for wearing "skimpy clothes". She speaking on the incident, "I went to the beach and I had on a one-piece swimsuit with jeans, They took the picture and they made it look like a top that was really revealing. There were radio programmes about it. It was a big deal for, like, three weeks straight - talking about I'm not setting a good example."

She also states she was bullied at school Rihanna states Having lighter skin wasn’t a problem in my household, but it was when I went to school - which really confused me at first, The harassment continued to my very last day of elementary school.

They also mentioned that she was too young for Def Jam to push Rihanna as a "s*x symbol", making a plea that Rihanna cover up. The media and The Nation newspaper constantly make personal attacks and have shown lack of support and encouragement. she spoke out against the scrutiny to Entertainment Weekly stating, "They all hate me. I didn’t have to talk about them. I didn’t have to even mention that I’m from Barbados. But I do and people kind of take it for granted. They hate me. They talk sh*it about me all the time. But I’m like, ”Whatever. I’m still doing this cause I love to do it and you’re not going to stop me". Media fought back with letters to Rihanna publicly via a Barbadian newspaper, "[what she said] sounds as if though Rihanna is doing us a favour. If God didn't give us a Rihanna, he would have given us someone else. So don't ever for a second get to thinking you are irreplaceable, Rihanna" and "Her putting Barbados on the map is nonsense. Barbados was well on the map before she came along; and will be when she is gone". Her mentor and music producer Evan Rogers spoke out to the media stating that Rihanna subsequently "formed her impression of any Bajan dislike from the reception she received at the recent Barbados Music Awards where," according to Rogers, "It was disappointing the way some people reacted as if they were almost rooting against her".

Rihanna MP3 Downloads
Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment